1. Words and phrases：read a newspaper，talk on the phone with sb，make soup，listen to a CD，use the computer，go to the movies
2. Sentences:What are you doing? I'm watching TV.What’s she doing? She is exercising. What are they doing? They are running. Do you want to do sth?
3. Ability: talk about what people are doing.
4.Moral aim: live a positive life
2)能掌握现在进行时态及一些表示具体动作的词组搭配,如: doing homework, using the computer, watching TV, eating dinner… 等
教 学 过 程
Ⅰ. Warming-up and Lead in
1. Greet the Ss .
2. Watch a map and pictures to show that COVID-19 is sweeping the globe.
1. Show some pictures on the big screen. Present the new words and expressions.
2. Ss watch and learn the new words and expressions.
3. Give Ss some time and try to remember the new words and expressions.
4. (Show some pictures on the screen and ask some students to perform the actions.)
e.g. T: What are you doing?
S: I am doing homework. (Help him/her to answer)
T: What is he /she doing?
Ss: He /she is doing homework.
Teach: watching TV, cleaning, reading a book, eating dinner, talking on the phone...as the same way.
5. Work on 1a. Ss read the activities and look at the pictures. Then match the activities with pictures.
6. Check the answers with the Ss.
Ⅲ. Game (guess)
1. T: Now let's play a game. What's she/he doing? You must watch the big screen carefully.
(Show some pictures on the big screen quickly) Let Ss guess what's he/she is doing?
2. Ss watch and guess the actions.
3. Ask and answer about the pictures.
—What's he/she doing? —He's/She's …
1. T: What are Jenny, John, Dave and Mary doing? Now let’s listen to the tape, find out the right activities from 1a.
2. Play the recording for the Ss twice.
3. Ss listen to the recording and write the numbers from 1a.
Ⅴ. Pair work
1. Ask the Ss to read the conversations in 1c with a partner. Then look at the pictures in 1a. And conversations about other person in the picture.
2. Ss make conversations by themselves and practice the conversations.
1. Work on 2a;
T: Jack and Steve are talking on the phone. What are they doing now? Listen to the conversations and match the answers with the questions.
(Play the recording for the first time, students only listen carefully. Then, listen to the recording again, and match the answers with the questions. )
Check the answers.
2. Work on 2b.
Let Ss read the conversation in 2b first. Then play the recording for the Ss twice.
The first time Ss only listen and write down the words in the blanks. Then play the recording again for the Ss to check the answers.(If necessary, press the Pause button to help.)
Ⅶ. Pair work
1. Now, role-play the conversation with your partners.
2. Let some pairs to act out the conversation in front of the class.
1. Ask Ss to read the conversation in 2d and answer the questions below.
① Are Jenny and Laura talking on the phone?(Yes, they are.)
② What's Laura doing now?(She's washing her clothes.)
③ What's Jenny doing?(She's watching TV.)
④ When do they meet at Jenny's home?(At half past six.)
2. Ss read the conversation and answer the questions above.
3. Check the answers with the Ss.
4. Let Ss work in pairs and role-play the conversation.
1.Review the words and expressions in this period.
2.Understand the knowledge about the present progressive tense.
1: sort out the notes.
2: do practice.
3.dectate the phrases and sentences.